It may be the eighth year of Enlighten, but there’s no sign that the festival intends on slowing down. Proudly presented by Singapore Airlines, visitors to Enlighten Festival will get to experience the Illuminations (2-11 March) they know and love but with a bigger, better and brighter program across 16 nights in March (2-18 March).
Here’s what you need to know about Enlighten Festival 2018.
- Let us entertain you. Along with being treated to the Enlighten Illuminations projecting onto some of the capitals most loved and iconic buildings (including Australian Parliament House, the Museum of Australian Democracy, the National Portrait Gallery, National Library of Australia, National Gallery of Australia and Questacon), visitors will be spoiled with roving entertainers, art installations, live music and enchanting performances. Check out the program here to catch your favourite acts, and be delighted by the surprising performances throughout the festival.
- Explore attractions after dark. The capital’s major attractions are waiting to be explored as they open their doors to host an array of exclusive after-dark ticketed events at national attractions. Learn the science of tequila at Questacon, indulge in dinner under the stars at the National Arboretum and dine in style at Australian Parliament House and much more. (P.S. Tickets go on sale Thursday 1st February – get in quick!)
- New precincts. Experience the illuminations beyond the Parliamentary Triangle as Enlighten Festival expands into new precincts. The ANU campus will come to life over five thrilling nights with vibrant projections, fire-side chats and a special Saturday night market. Explore all the city has to offer after nightfall – under a sea of fairy lights you’ll find hidden gems in the city’s nooks and crannies. Keep your eye out for interactive installations, workshops and other unexpected surprises.
- Food, food and more food. Foodies will love the sizzling, bustling Enlighten Night Noodle Markets on the shores of Lake Burley Griffin, and the food and drink precinct featuring local street food and family activities. From pho to waffles and everything in between, entice your appetite and tempt your tastebuds as you make your way around the festival.
- More events. In addition to the Illuminations and exploring the new Enlighten precincts, the festival has been extended to include some of Canberra’s most popular autumn events – the Canberra Balloon Spectacular, Symphony in the Park, Lights! Canberra! Action!, Canberra Day and Hit 104.7 Skyfire. There’s something for everyone during the new Enlighten Festival.